Assistant Product Manager
Located in Loris, SC
The Assistant Product Manager is responsible for managing products as assigned by the Director of Product Management. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering product and customer requirements, defining the product objectives, and working closely with the factories to deliver new products. The Assistant Product Manager also will be working with sales, marketing, and the factory to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Assistant Product Manager must be a subject matter expert on their products including competitors, technical requirements and market activity.
• Perform product line research and project management for market demand pricing and the competitive environment
• Be an expert with respect to the competition for assigned product lines and the subject matter expert for assigned products
• Contributes to the development of sales tools and collateral materials to support the product
• Recommend new product additions to product lines with supporting research
• Assist in training sales and marketing organization on new and existing products
• Work with the factory to reduce/eliminate product quality issues and identify cost reduction and value improvement opportunities
• Contribute to and participate in trade show support and representation when needed
• Initiate the setup of new parts with the Catalog and Data Specialist and Supply Chain Department
• Help coordinate product launch; including technical support to marketing for promotional material and packaging requirements
• Interact with sales force and customers as necessary to accomplish responsibilities
• Utilize tools such as AllData to research OEM information and data for date range expansion opportunities
• Analyze product line sales and develop relevant reports and analysis for management
• Recommend marketing actions to accelerate product sales
• Review slow movers recommending actions to improve sales and recommend products to phase out
• Supervise first sample quality approvals
• Support marketing with new product and now in stock announcements
• Assist in development of sales and profit goals for assigned product lines
• Assist the Product Management team in developing accurate and efficient SOP for the department.
• Assists the Catalog and Data Administrator in maintaining samples in the sample room and keep Sage 100 sample location data accurate.
• Develop and maintain relationships with customer, supplier, and industry trade association partners to facilitate the collection and dissemination of high-quality product data and promote assigned product lines
• Assist the Director of Product Management with product quality issues, quality improvement efforts, and management of the product quarantine process.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
Length: Temp to Perm
Requirements – The person needs to be detail oriented, experienced in Microsoft, and have 3 consecutive years of office/computer skills, along with good typing skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or marketing, Automotive with 5+ years’ experience or equivalent experience and education
• Mechanical aptitude and general understanding of automotive parts
• Successful experience working with a project team
• Excellent project management, organization and analytical skills
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Analytical ability
• Customer service skills and orientation
• Decision Making
• Interpersonal – People skills
• Inventory Control Knowledge
• Project & People Management Skills
• Mathematical Aptitude
• Ability to negotiate successfully
Rate: $13-14/hour for a good candidate.
To Apply: Submit resume with “Assistant Product Manager” to email@example.com or stop by 1727 S Madison St Whiteville, NC 28472
Phone: (910) 641-0031