Utility System Operator – Whiteville, NC
Performs responsible unskilled and semi-skilled work in the installation, operation, replacement, repair and maintenance of wells, water lines, and meters. Employees perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled work engaged in the maintenance, repair, and installation of water lines, meters, hydrants, valves, elevated storage tanks, water pumps, meter boxes. Other tasks may include meter reading, providing field customer service to check water leaks and high usage complaints; connecting and disconnecting service, troubleshooting water lines, and must be able to work both in/out side. Employee must be able to perform other duties as assigned.
· Must be knowledgeable of the tools, materials, and equipment used in the installation, replacement, maintenance and repair of utility lines.
· Must have considerable knowledge of a variety of maintenance and manual methods and tasks involved in the installation, maintenance, repair, and replacement of utility lines.
· Working knowledge of common and hand power tools.
· Conflict resolution abilities with customers.
· Must be able to stoop, push, pull, walk, and lift up to 100lbs of force occasionally; 50 lbs. of force frequently, and 20 lbs. constantly.
· High school diploma/GED, and considerable related experience working in a water distribution system.
· Possess a valid NC Driver’s license
· Pass pre-employment screening i.e. mvr, background, and drug screen.
Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm located in Whiteville
You may apply by submitting your resume with “Utility” in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org We are located at 1727 S Madison St Whiteville, NC 28472 our positions change daily call for questions 910-641-0031. We take Walk Ins Monday- Friday 8:00am- 11:00am and 1pm-4pm or visit our website for a list of recent openings www.carostaff.com