FULL TIME STORE MERCHANDISER FOR SPARTANBURG SC!
Job Title: STORE MERCHANDISER
Industry Code: Wholesale Trade 424000 Non-Durable Goods
Job Code: A9E53-7062(01)
FLSA Status: Non–Exempt
Department: Sales Distribution
Department of Labor: 53-702 Laborers, Freight, Stock and Material Movers, Hand. SOC Code 962
Description: Manually move freight, stock, or other materials or perform other general labor.
Summary: Services and orders products for customers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Serving customers assigned by ensuring that all deliveries are properly worked by stocking our designated shelves and displays; ensuring that back stock be properly broken down and placed on appropriate pallets, bunkers, or trailers in an organized fashion; gather all shells/flats, pallets to be picked up, and damage or out of date be bundled and placed in pickup area for next delivery. May assist Presales and Delivery Associates by reviewing our promotions and new sales orders with the necessary managers at our customers location before finalizing the order sheet for the next delivery date.
- Communicates issues, problems, or opportunities with sales and delivery team.
- Be aware of: new product offering(s), sales events/promotions, and display opportunities.
- Adheres to daily schedule and insures each account is serviced on a daily basis. Must adapt to any changes in work assignments as well as supporting organizational restructuring efforts.
- Inspects and maintains customers shelves, end caps, and other allocated space are kept clean and neat.
- Audits and pulls out-of-date or damaged products and rotates product in order to maintain the freshest product level possible on a regular basis.
- Assists sales and delivery team by supporting forecasting sales based on previous sale reports and upcoming promotions/sales to ensure accuracy for our customer and minimize pallet pick-ups.
- Follows all company policies and procedures set forth by management.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid drivers license meeting acceptable criteria. Must provide insurance declaration of insurance document showing minimum coverage of $100K/$300K/$100K. Must have reliable transportation. Mileage tracking system allows for reimbursement for miles driven for work.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally life and/or move more than 100 pounds using an electric pallet jack or cart. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
Background Requirements: Employee must pass background check, motor vehicle driver check, drug screen, and agility test.