Quality Assurance Technician
Time: 12 hours/day for 3 days, 2 days off; 12 hours/day for 4 days, 4 days off. Rotating 7:00am – 7:00pm to 7:00pm – 7:00am; 8hrs overtime every 3rd week; other overtime, as needed.
You will need to be able to stand for long periods of time in a warm environment.
Job Summary: To contribute to Metglas, Inc.’s goal of exceeding customers’ expectations by delivering competitive, quality amorphous metal products and services on time, every time. The Quality Assurance Technician position is responsible for conducting physical and chemical testing of all amorphous metal ribbon and transformer cores, preparing samples, visually inspecting materials, and analyzing materials, alloys, and raw materials, to ensure they meet company, customer, and ISO quality standards.
Essential Job Functions:
· Visually inspect samples and amorphous metal alloy products and prepare for analysis by grinding material/metal plug and loading samples into particulate crusher
· Conduct QA analysis using a wide array of testing equipment, including carbon-sulfur and oxygen nitrogen analyzers, X-ray spectrograph, colorimetric test equipment, spectrometers (OE, AA, and ICP), auto-cutter, Niton alloy analyzer, balance, microwave, grinders, sample crusher, drill press, and various hand tools
· Review test results and record data in computer/QA system
· Transport spent samples to the production area for disposal or re-melt
Work safely with testing materials, chemicals, acids, gases, solvents, and other test solutions
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
· Ability to conduct analysis, accurately interpret and record test results and data
· Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
Basic computer skills: the ability to enter, retrieve, and evaluate data
Education, Training, & Experience:
· High school graduate or equivalent (required)
· Chemical background, training, and/or relevant industrial/mechanical experience (preferred)
· Above-average math skills (preferred)